What does “CHEVOO” mean?
We created the word CHEVOO by combining our two primary ingredients: Goat Cheese (Chèvre) and Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO).
How do you pronounce it?
What’s the best way to enjoy it?
You can check out our Recipes and Cheeseboards pages. Plus these are some tried-and-true uses that you might enjoy!
- Casual Snacking: A jar of CHEVOO, some crusty bread or crackers, a glass of wine or a beer. No instructions needed. A tried and tested formula.
- Cheese Boards: Place an open jar of CHEVOO in the center of a cheese board, with fresh crusty bread or crackers, surrounded by your favorites, e.g. sliced veggies, prosciutto, salami, whatever tickles your fancy!
- Salads: Crumble/slice CHEVOO goat cheese over your favorite salad for a creamy, tart addition to any mix. Then, drizzle the infused extra virgin olive oil from the jar on top as a dressing!
- Salad Dressing: Never throw out CHEVOO’s infused olive oil. When you have finished all the goat cheese in a jar (so there is only olive oil and crumbs of goat cheese remaining), add some balsamic vinegar to the jar, shake well, and you have a superb salad dressing. If you want to add some extra depth to the dressing, add 1 teaspoon of mustard (seeded or Dijon), a few pinches of salt and pepper, and a pinch of sugar. Mmmm!
- Pasta: A delicious no-brainer. Crumble CHEVOO on top of your pasta dish, or, make a silky, creamy sauce with our goat cheese.
- Grilling: When you are almost finished grilling, smear CHEVOO goat cheese over your go-to grilling favorites: corn on the cob, burger patty, red peppers, steak, chicken... the list goes on!
Do you have any helpful tips for using your product?
Refrigeration: When refrigerated, olive oil will go cloudy. In order to reverse this, remove a jar of CHEVOO approx 15 minutes before serving, so that the olive oil can ‘clear up’ and the goat cheese can soften. If you are in a hurry (and don’t have 15 minutes), run the jar (with lid secured) under hot water for 30-60 seconds… we do this at home constantly!
Serving: If you place a jar of CHEVOO on a cheese/grazing board, simply remove the lid, place on the board and provide a short spreading/cheese knife for spreading the cheese on crackers/bread. Sometimes we will remove half the oil from the jar before placing on a cheese board, so that the oil is less likely to drip/spill (easier for guests to enjoy). If you are using CHEVOO in a meal/recipe, simply add the desired amount, in whole cubes or broken/crumbled/sliced to your liking.
Storing: After opening a jar of CHEVOO, as long as the remaining cheese cubes are completely submerged in the olive oil, you can count on the expiry date. Cubes that rise above the olive oil will not last as long, e.g. 5 days. Always keep CHEVOO stored in your fridge with the lid secured.
Where can I find it?
Find a store near you on our ‘Find Us’ page, or order direct on our “Shop Products” page.
Is it Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Keto, and Sugar Free?
Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes. You bet.
Is CHEVOO Kosher?
Yes, all our products are kosher dairy certified by AKC, the largest kosher certifier in the Southeast of the US.
Where do your ingredients come from?
Our ingredients are sourced from the highest quality producers across the US, France, Italy, the UK, Cyprus, Turkey, and Mexico. All of CHEVOO’s products are then produced in-house at our state-of-the-art production facility in Elkmont, Alabama.